Electrical Service Engineer
£27000 + Travel time + O/T + Company Vehicle
OTE £55000 to £60000
My client is looking for a 2391 qualified 17th/18th Edition Electrical Service Engineer to train to be a UPS Field Service Technician, with lots of drive, energy, a willingness to learn, who is looking for the opportunity to start an exciting new career!
You will be working in the field, covering the whole of Scotland, but mostly Glasgow and Edinburgh. Ideally you will live in or around Glasgow or Edinburgh.
You will need to be flexible, as this is not the usual 9 to 5 job, with early mornings, late evenings and weekends, and you will be on the road going to customer sites, but there is plenty of opportunity to learn, to gain experience and to earn a very good income.
On top of an excellent basic salary, there will be door to door travel time, plenty of overtime, including weekends & overnight stays, with an annual on call allowance after a year.
* Site Survey’s
* Maintain and Repair UPS systems
* Battery replacements
* Complete paperwork accurately & timely
Hours of Work
* 06:00-18:00 (First eight hours including 30 mins lunch)
* Overnight stays as required.
* Out of hours working, early mornings, evenings and weekends as required..
* ‘On-Call’ Rota as required by the needs of the business.
* 23 days Holiday (3 mandatory at Christmas ) + Bank holidays
* Contributory pension after qualifying period
* Electrician or electrical field service engineer background.
* Electrical installation and maintenance.
* Fault Finding.
* Inspection and testing
* Computer Literate – Word, Excel, email.
* BTEC or ONC / HNC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering.
* NVQ Level 3/Apprenticeship in Electrical installation or similar.
* City and Guilds 2391/2394/2395 desirable.
* City and Guilds 18th Edition is desirable
* Full UK Driving License.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Thorough and accurate approach.
* Self-motivated and being able to work alone or part of a team.
* Ability and desire to work overtime.
To apply, please contact Paul Hewitt on: 01438 741833 or email:email@example.com
If you have not heard from us within 7 days then thank you for your application but we will be unable to take it further
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.