Our fantastic client is currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and focused Technical Sales Engineer to join their successful team located in their modern purpose-built office just outside of Bury St. Edmunds. This fast-paced but rewarding role is a full-time, permanent position offering a starting salary of up to £42,000 , depending on experience.
This employment package also includes a generous contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave, company phone and laptop.
The purpose of this role is to combine your technical knowledge and sales skills to provide customers in the UK and overseas with an excellent consultative service, by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
* Generating sales leads and establishing new business opportunities
* Liaising with existing clients and building strong relationships with customers
* To increase sales and ‘conversions’ to increase our overall turnover
* Responding to in-bound sales enquiries
* Interpreting customer project requirements
* Preparing tenders, proposals and quotations
* Aid with product selection for Sales Administrators to prepare quotations
* Providing pre-sales and post-sales support
* Collaborate with other departments to deal with customer requirements
* Ensuring that sales targets are met
* Product demonstration & presentations to customers
* Organising sales visits attending trade exhibitions, conferences and technical meetings
To support the successful candidate, a comprehensive in-house training programme will be undertaken to provide all the tools and knowledge required to succeed in this particular role.
* A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil / Geotechnical / Construction or related background
* Experience selling technical products
* Strong verbal & written communication skills
* Ability to develop good relationships with customers
* Commercial awareness
* Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimum supervision
This position would be ideally suited to either a graduate looking to step into their first sales role with a strong desire to succeed or someone with at least 1-2 years sales experience looking to advance their career within Consultative Sales.
Whilst this role is based primarily in their office, there would be the possibility of remote working and some overseas travel may be required.
If you are ambitious, assertive and customer-focused, and meet the specifications above, please apply for this exciting opportunity with an up-to-date CV today!
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.