Technical Manager, £65,000 – £70,000 per annum
Large FMCG manufacturing and production company near Kings Lynn
To lead a Technical team, ensuring the highest standards of Site compliance to legislation, quality, audit standards and food safety are maintained at all times.
You will be the lead contact to the customer and ensure that the Site Director is fully informed of any deviation of the agreed standards and to ensure that all quality policies, procedures and protocol are frequently reviewed through timely audits, in order to promote a culture of Continuous Improvement to the Technical discipline across the site.
* Act as mentor to all staff within the department and where necessary to those within other disciplines.
* To ensure that team members at all levels understand their part in achieving departmental operation objectives
* Be responsible for the recruit, performance, conduct, attendance and disciplinary matters for all employees in your team, carrying out back to work returns, disciplinary meetings with the support of your Hr department.
* Facilitate own team to achieve the required output in the most efficient manner and build a strong team for future development needs
* Coach, support and train your team to ensure they have the right skills to carry out their nominated tasks
* Be a member of the Senior Management team and the duties therein championing best practice standards
* Audit and support site to achieve the requirements of customer codes of practice
* Responsible for preparing the site for and managing audits and visits conducted by customers, statutory bodies and third party auditing bodies, ensuring closure on actions
* Use knowledge to provide technical advice and support to the business and its customer and be fully coherent with current/relevant industry
* Pro-actively investigate trends and implement actions that will derive improvements to prevent and if necessary resolve potential problems
* Conduct investigations where pathogenic micro-organisms and/or high levels of spoilage micro-organisms are detected, communicating actions to key customer contacts and implementing crisis systems where appropriate
* Develop and communicate suitable solutions to ensure effective implementation and compliance to new standards/COP’s
* Lead drive and provide hands on support to conduct technically challenging investigations of processes and root cause analysis
* Control of food safety through the application of the systematic approach of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP). To implement control, monitoring and corrective action systems, for the manufacture of all existing products and all new product development
* Responsible for the authorisation and approval of all raw material suppliers and raw materials coming onto site.
* Apply problem solving techniques to resolve operating problems and recommend improvements to maintain operation running costs at a planned level
* Ensure that all processes are carried out correctly/ to standard, first time to avoid waste
* Must be aware of all business requirements and understand the impact of their decisions
* Implement the site vision and strategic plans interfacing with all key stakeholders to ensure successful delivery with key objectives and measurement through the Technical team KPI performance indicators
* Implement site overhead management control through the technical team with support from other departments
* Driving ‘innovation’ in technical processes and quality/food safety control points through alignments to customer critical quality requirements and their key product compliance KPI’s.
* Drive key performance metrics internally and externally with robust action plans to achieve agreed targets. Key customer Technical contact championing compliance
* Consider our internal customer i.e. other departments, retail customers and end consumer.
Provide an excellent customer service by building strong relationships at all levels of the business.
* Deliver Customer expectations as part of the site Technical Team and Senior Management Team
* Liaise with suppliers and customers on quality issues
* Previous Technical experience of FMCG food related manufacturing operations
* Proven management capability in a Technical, QA or Process Development function
* Relevant factory audit experience and / or qualification
* Relevant raw materials knowledge
* Meat processing knowledge particularly curing
* Knowledge of processing requirements of fresh and cured meat products
* Knowledge of continuous improvement tools and techniques
* Proven experience in cost control, health and safety and management of quality systems
* Proven track record in microbiological and hygiene-based management programmes
* Comprehensive understanding of IPPC and environmental management systems
* Knowledge of Ethical trading requirements and control systems
If you would like to apply for this role, email your current up to date CV to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, Ensuring that your CV includes examples of the above as applicable