Technical Buyer – Fixed Term Contract. 43K
My client in Royston are looking for a Buyer to join their team on a fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for the daily procurement of materials ensuring the best cost and quality of products for the business.
Duties will include:
* To be responsible for pro-actively identifying, escalating, and addressing risks to production requirements (capacity constraints/shutdowns etc.), supplier lead times, schedule stability, and planned deviation to expected inventory levels.
* Manage supplier performance and relationships, both existing and new opportunities, and devise action plans for improvement for under achieving suppliers. Provide and champion new suppliers to better improve business targets and objectives. This can include 1:1 supplier meetings, maintain and cleanse master data and defining new business processes.
* Monitor and execute relevant purchase requisition off your daily extract. Buyer will be responsible for fabricated sheet metal and plastic procurement on an individual and component level.
* Monitor and execute vendor returns for the above criteria.
* Establish, maintain and monitor Supply Chain KPI’s to optimize SCM performance in support of MRP requirements.
* Support and manage invoice queries related to the above procurement functions. Also, attend weekly Teams meeting with the AP department.
* Negotiate price, payment terms, and delivery terms for assigned supplier base to meet yearly MPI goal.
* Actively pursue, monitor, and documenting existing and new Non-MPI deliverables to influence material cost reduction to the business.
* Identify and project manage alternative material cost initiatives with regards to outsourcing, sub-contracting, insourcing, and e-supply chain to minimize cost and risk while maintaining product integrity and quality.
* To support Engineering in the effective implementation of new parts, ensuring MRP demand is accurate and coordinating the appropriate run out and ramp up of stock to ensure minimum financial impact due to part obsolescence.
* Develop and foster a close relationship with relevant engineering teams to actively represent the Customers Voice. Attend and participate actively in relevant design review meetings where necessary. Look and develop opportunities to reduce supply chain risk.
* Reduce outstanding obsolescence and end of life material challenges while ensuring the inventory holding is adhering to company targets.
* Secure capacity and forecasting. Set up and manage vendor contracts.
What you will need:
* Experience with SAP and a good working knowledge of material management systems including MRP.
* Experience with Should Cost.
* Strong negotiating skills is desirable.
* Exposure within a technical engineering environment, especially Engineered-to-order, is desirable.
* Ability to deliver and document supplier development plans.
* Knowledge and understanding of Contract law and implementation of Supply Agreements is desirable.
* Ability to read and comprehend various engineering drawings of both fabrication and electrical commodity.
* Up to 43K pa
* Brand new offices
* 25 days holiday
* Friendly team