Hales Group is recruiting Support Workers on behalf of our client based near Holt. Driving licence is essentail due to location.
The role is flexible and offers the potential for both part and full time hours, weekdays, weekends and night shifts available.
The role will include supporting adults with learning disabilities.
As a Support Worker working with our client you will be expected to assist with all activities of daily living. At all times your focus must be assisting our clients to ensure that they live a happy and fulfilled life with choices and independence wherever possible.
What does a Support Worker do?
Support Workers play a pivotal role in care as they have hands on interaction with Service Users’ meaning that they often build up the best rapport with the people they support. We are looking for people who understand the importance of person centred, holistic approach to support and care for each individual at a level that is right for them.
You will assist with the following tasks
* Companionship and developing relationships
* Personal Care and Bathing
* Helping to choose clothes and to get dressed
* Assisting with oral hygiene including brushing teeth
* Attending activities – Shopping, select hobbies and clubs, cinema, disco’s, meals out, parties, swimming and trips out.
* Assisting with meal preparation, cooking and supporting the Service User’s to make choices and to get involved in meal times.
* Helping people to mobilise and get moving
* Assisting with communication and offering emotional support
* Support maintaining relationships with family and friends, both within our community as well as outside
* Support to access the wider community, going out on visits, attending the theatre or concerts.
This is only a small snap shot of the role that a Support Worker undertakes every day.
This position and setting promises upmost satisfaction and the opportunity to progress.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.