Role: Production Planner
Status: Permanent Full time – 40 hours 8 – 5pm
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Our Hitchin based client is seeking an experience Production Planner to provide effective planning of production and operator builds. This will involve the completion of administrative duties to ensure all production build instructions and components are ready for the planned builds including drawings and any associated cutting details.
* Delivering of strategies and initiatives especially around LEAN to add value throughout the department and making sure that you are meeting customer service levels
* Effectively maintain production material stock levels and to reduce holdings without effecting productivity, monitoring trends and consumption accuracy
* Manage the process for completing surface finish at external suppliers. Manage the purchase of glass and other fabrication items for specific builds.
* Effectively plan operator and fabrication activities including any appropriate outsourcing.
* Communicating with internal customers to agree installation dates.
* Effectively manage work flow maximising and measuring KPI’s including utilisation, delivery performance, waste and process improvements.
* Effectively produce production documents, cutting sheets and build requirements from supplied drawings, including calculation of glass sizes.
* To provide cover for Production Team Leader in his absence for Production functions
* To coordinate the updating of process maps in event of established changes
* To ensure compliance with company Procedures and Legislation relating to Health and Safety
Ideally you will have experience within a similar planning role, working with external suppliers and internal planning functions with KPI data capture. Ability to understand drawings and work with fabrication software.
If you are interested in applying for this role. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 741 833
If you have not heard from us within 7 days then we thank you for your application but we will not be proceeding
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.