Role: Procurement & Property Development Manager
Status: Permanent role – 35 hours per week on site plus as required (including emergency call-out)
Salary: £49,500 to £58,000 per annum (plus car allowance and bonus)
You will be responsible for delivery of refurbishment projects, Establishment & development of a procurement function and other Ad hoc support to facilities and the estates teams.
Refurbishment project lead:
My client is undertaking a 2-3 year project to fully refurbish its administrative building in Stevenage, commencing at stage 2 of the RIBA design process. The refurbishment will most likely be done on a floor-by-floor basis with some staff requiring alternate accommodation during the programme. The project will be delivered in partnership with the Facilities Manager.
* Overall project management and reporting
* Appointment and management of advisors and contractors
* Co-ordination and communication with stakeholders at all levels
* Budget management
* Overall management and delivery of decant strategy
* Close collaboration with HR colleagues to deliver organisational change
Procurement office development:
Procurement processes are already well established, however opportunity exists to improve the quality and value of procurement by providing specialist skills to support budget holders and challenge existing practice. This element of the role will initially be flexed to prioritise the refurbishment.
* Maintain procurement manual and policies
* Support budget holders through the procurement and supplier on-boarding process, seeking an appropriate balance of quality and value
* Monitor and report on procurement metrics
* Develop a culture of best-practice to ensure high performance and best-value delivery from the supplier base
Facilities Management / Estates support:
A Facilities Manager and Venues Manager are already in place, however there may be occasions when they require advice or support on property matters such as rates management or business continuity.
* Experience in managing significant refurbishment and relocation project(s), including aspects of change management and staff communications
* Experience of contract management, ideally within an established procurement function
* Appropriate Health and Safety qualification [NEBOSH or similar]
* A relevant procurement qualification is desirable [CIPS or similar]
* Highly collaborative team player both within and outside the organisation
* Pro-active, hands-on problem solver
If you wish to apply please Send your CV to email@example.com or call Lorna on 01438 741 833
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days then I am sorry but your application has not been successful.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.