Our National client is looking to recruit an Occupational Therapist S+P to join their team based in the Hampshire, Southampton & Portsmouth areas.
The role will involve you working between the 2 sites based on priorities
* Acting as ‘gatekeeper’ to ensure that orders for special equipment, whether for children or adults are reviewed first to see if they can be satisfied from existing stock.
* Liaising directly with prescribing professionals to achieve the outcome required, in the fastest time with the lowest cost.
* Supporting or taking a lead in organising, running and reporting on Equipment Review Groups and other clinical meetings on behalf of the client when necessary
* Taking a lead in special projects as agreed with the commissioners.
* Establishing and carrying out reviews of service users with an aim of recalling and recycling the equipment which is no longer needed – particularly in care homes
* Support other clinical services developments across all my client’s sites
* Work closely with prescribers to promote effective partnership working.
* Work in partnership and close liaison with Adult Social Care, therapy and community nursing staff across both contracts, the community equipment service and other agencies as necessary.
* Work in partnership with retailers, pharmacists and third sector organisations as necessary
* Write timely professional reports/ records and action plans in line with professional guidelines that comply with appropriate record keeping policies as necessary.
* Clearly record outcomes of intervention in line with evidence-based practice
* Attend or lead meetings as and when required
* Be fully conversant and compliant with your professional code of conduct and the requirement of continuous professional development.
* Participate in appraisal and supervision processes
* Fully compliant with all relevant mandatory training as and when required.
* Accountable for own professional development and actions in line with professional registration requirements, national and local guidelines.
* Maintain a professional portfolio demonstrating clinical and professional development.
* To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
* To be compliant with NICE guidance and other statutory / best practice guidelines.
* To report any incidents of harm or near miss in line with the incident reporting policy as appropriate. To ensure appropriate actions are taken to reduce the risk of reoccurrence.
* To contribute to the identification, management and reduction of risk in the area of responsibility.
* To ensure day to day practice reflects the highest standards of governance, clinical effectiveness, safety and service user experience.
* To ensure monitoring of quality and compliance with standards is demonstrable within your clinical practice.
* BSc (Hons) Degree in OT / Diploma equivalent.
* Registration with HCPC
* Experience of supervising staff (desirable)
* Additional clinical training relevant to specialism (desirable)
Benefits and Salary
* Competitive salary and benefits package such as pension, discounts and offers
* Enhanced holiday of 33 days per year (inc banks) which increases with service up to 38 days per year (inc banks)
* Participation in our employee recognition scheme
* Salary to be discussed
To be noted:
* This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties which fall within the grade of the job, in discussion with the professional and operational managers.
* This job description will be reviewed regularly in the light of changing service requirements and any such changes will be discussed with the post holder.
* Travelling will be necessary within this role – both across Southampton and Portsmouth and on occasions to other parts of the clients site
* My client is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
* Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, prospective employees are advised that they will be required to provide documentary evidence to support their right to work in the UK.
* This position will be subject to an enhanced Disclosures and Barring Service check
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.