I have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Chief Operating Officer to join on a 6 month contract within the public sector.
This person’s AFC BAND must be: Indicative Band 8D
6 Month fixed contract
As a senior member the Senior Management Team, the post holder will plan, develop and implement Operation performance improvement and delivery by:
– Promoting a culture of continuous quality-improvement to ensure best practice patient care.
– Developing a ‘one service’ brand and culture for the delivery of patient facing service.
– Ensuring operations works as a single team to provide an efficient and cost-effective service.
– Providing leadership and direction to all operational staff in company sectors to ensure central policy is effectively implemented and performance levels achieved.
– To ensure company works effectively with individual CCGs, STPs, and clusters to influence and implement local urgent care policy.
– representing the Chief Operating Officer or their deputy when required; being the ‘public face’ of the company and enhancing the reputation and profile of the Service.
– making the most effective decisions on behalf of the company that affect patient care, the public, staff and the Service using well-informed judgement in collaboration with a range of stakeholders;
– working with external agencies and communities to build relationships and proactively deliver appropriate responses to meet the challenges and needs of patients, other emergency, social and health care services.
– making and being accountable for decisions on behalf of the Trust at Gold/strategic level requiring working an On Call out of hours rota, covering days, nights and weekends.
– being a role model leader by demonstrating effective and appropriate behaviours in both the day-today and high risk, difficult and distressing situations; being flexible by demonstrating the appropriate Deputy Chief Operating Officer Revised April 2021 leadership styles and adapting communication to match the situation and audience; wearing uniform when appropriate and required.
– Being responsible for managing a budget and holding managers and teams accountable for expenditure
If this sounds like you and your open to new opportunities please get in contact as I’d love to chat.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.