Hales Group Limited is a market leader in its field, with the Finance Team based in Peterborough. We need to add a dynamic and enthusiastic Chief Financial Controller with excellent commercial acumen to our team. At a current turnover of £40m we have aspirational growth targets over the next two years and beyond and need a flexible and adaptable team member with strong management skills to drive the necessary changes within the department.
The Chief Financial Controller will take day-to-day responsibility for the financial accounting function and team, including:
* Manage the finance team day-to-day, motivate and lead team members, support personal development and providing helpful feedback to improve performance.
* Ensure the integrity of financial transactions.
* Oversee the Treasury Function and manage the Sales Financing relationship.
* Review and validate Gross Margin reporting.
* Prepare and circulate monthly Management Accounts within the prescribed timetable.
* Provide accurate and timely information with insightful and proactive analysis that helps drive the business forward.
* Take responsibility for the preparation of Statutory Accounts and manage the annual audit.
* Oversee weekly commercial reporting to the divisions.
* Prepare group budgets & forecasts, with divisional input, for board approval.
* Ensure compliance with Government reporting e.g. Vat, PAYE, NMW, Auto Enrolment
* Ensure all annual contracts agreed with suppliers are recorded and kept securely, ensure that such contracts are renegotiated when due for renewal. Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
* Experience of change management and making process improvements in a finance function.
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant CIMA / ACCA with a proven track record of team management. Reporting to the Director of Finance you will be an experienced FC, an effective organiser with the ability to deliver under tight deadlines and balance multiple objectives. You will have a positive ‘hands on’ approach with excellent interpersonal skills enabling you to explain financial issues clearly to a non-financial audience.
In addition to a competitive salary which will be dependent on experience and qualifications, Hales Group offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual holiday entitlement, Group Pension Scheme, Death In Service and Income Protection benefit and subsidised private healthcare.
If this position sounds of interest, we would love to hear from you. Please apply today!
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.