Business Development Manager – National
Starting annual base salary of £35K, Commission, Car – OTE £50K+
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity, where you can take the next step in your successful sales career in this awesome role with huge potential, where you really make your mark?
My client, based in Letchworth, is a leading packaging specialist in design, manufacture and delivery of plywood & timber cases, removal containers, and specialised pallets, working with businesses across a multitude of industries in the UK. From Automotive and Industrial to Defence and Aerospace and every industry in between, my client has the proven expertise to deliver highly tailored, quality packaging solutions that meet customers’ exact needs and budgets. They are also a leading player in the joinery market, who have been in business since 1960, delivering highly customised joinery solutions to the Commercial, Residential, Office, Education and Retail sectors.
They are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager/Field Sales Professional with an excellent track record, to drive new business and work existing accounts nationwide, increasing sales within the group, focussed mainly on their Timber Packaging Division.
This is a national field sales position based at home, however you will be expected to attend monthly sales meetings in Letchworth, so you will need to live up to 60-90 mins from Letchworth.
Achieving targets and attending sales meetings, submitting reports:
* Deliver sales against personal sales targets in line with Group strategy
* Produce monthly report for the Sales Director providing detail of existing threats and upcoming opportunities, market feedback regarding competitor activity/pricing etc.
* Produce and deliver presentation summarising territory performance for quarterly sales meeting.
Prospect for potential new clients to generate an increase in sales:
* This will include an element of cold calling, telephone contact and use of all social media platforms (LinkedIn) to generate new leads
* Identify key decision makers and develop strong, working relationships
* Follow-up all enquiries coming into the business via the client’s website
* Ensure all customer/prospect activity is logged via the in-house CRM system and ensure all customer/prospect records are kept updated with relevant information
* Attend annual industry conferences and exhibitions as and when required to generate new leads – ensure all leads are updated on CRM system and followed up effectively
Managing ongoing business accounts whilst building new relationships:
* Account manage designated existing accounts effectively and ensure all available opportunities to grow those accounts are capitalised upon
* Grow your network of contacts within each organisation to ensure you have a broad spread across all departmental, decision makers
* Network across social media platforms
Participate in calculating client quotations:
* Work with technical sales to ensure we deliver clients requirements on design (fit for purpose), quality and price.
* Ensure all relevant information is provided to the estimating team – name of incumbent supplier, current pricing, ordering patterns, quantities, material specifications etc. to ensure that our offer is adding value to the customer’s business.
* Sell a solution.
* Seek to identify opportunities for additional product development – look at new markets and bring opportunities to the fore.
Develop a thorough understanding of the company’s capabilities:
* Look to cross-sell all Group services – identify Joinery opportunities, sell my clients online bespoke shelving solution website wherever possible
* Promote the Group and Timber Packaging Division as a whole at all times
Work together and communicate:
* Work collaboratively with existing team to ensure that all client and market knowledge is maximised
* Call upon senior managers/directors to support the sales effort where necessary
* Attend regular 1:1 sessions with line manager
* Communicate activities effectively and keep e-calendar updated at all times
* Proven ability to develop new business and increase sales within established accounts
* Ability to utilise company resources and best practices
* A persuasive communicator and assertive negotiator with strong deal closing abilities
* Excellent time management and aptitude
* Good presentation and analytical skills.
* Business Acumen, collaboration and networking skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
* Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player with hands-on approach, outgoing personality, and professional appearance and demeanour
* Timber/joinery sales experience is not necessary
If you feel you have the right attributes and experience to be suitable for this role, please forward your CV and click apply now.
To apply, please contact Paul Hewitt on: 01438 741833 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not heard from us within 7 days then thank you for your application but we will be unable to take it further
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.