Salary from £20,500 per annum depending on experience
We are currently recruiting an Analytical Chemist to join our client, based near to Haverhill. This is a fantastic opportunity for a self -motivated and professional candidate or a graduate to join a small friendly team in a growing company!
You will work as part of our client’s QHSE team, led by the QHSE Manager. On a day to day basis, you will work with and report directly to the Quality Control Lead. Your role will be essential to the company’s quality control processes and systems. You will undertake analysis of chemicals to ensure compliance to specifications, using GC, HPLC, KF, FITR and titrations to support production. You will also be supporting research projects, assisting in driving the company’s growth.
Responsibilities to include:
* Preparing samples for analysis
* Undertaking analysis of raw materials, intermediates and final product, using GC, HPLC, FITR, KF and titrations
* Supporting the QC Lead in routine, non-routine analysis, method reviews, problem solving and trouble shooting
* Reviewing and checking technical documentation, standard operating procedures and policies
* Entering results and maintaining the company’s record database, as required
* Completing relevant paperwork
* Working in a safe manner to ensure compliance to company procedures
* Whilst not normally required, there may be times when management request you work additional hours
The ideal candidate will possess a qualification in chemistry and/or relevant experience, preferably in organic chemistry, pharmaceuticals or fine chemicals, QC laboratories.
We are happy to also receive applications from graduates, as full comprehensive training will be given.
The role requires you to have practical experience of analytical techniques and operation of GC, HPLC, FITR, KF and titrations.
There will be strict and short deadlines to work to, so it is essential that you are able to perform under pressure; you must have excellent time managements skills and be able to prioritise your workload, reacting to changes in requirements. As part of a small team there will be times when you will work alone, so you must have a strong work ethic, with a desire to make a difference and to drive the company forward.
Due to the location of our client, you must have your own transport.
For more information please call Laura in our Bury branch on 01284 767979.
Due to the high volume of applicants, if you have not been contacted within seven days, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Hales Group Ltd collects and keeps information from applicants, so that we can monitor our recruitment process, ensure compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy, and when appropriate send you details of future job opportunities. We keep your name and address, and details of your application. If you do not want us to do this please contact your local branch.